Memory Care for Dementia or Alzheimer's
Comfort First© Memory Care at Christenson Communities
Here, life is in the moment.
Christenson Communities’ Comfort First program offers an activity-rich environment - with a focus on exercise and wellness, music and the arts, reminiscing activities and more.
By encouraging our residents' unique abilities, and respecting their personal preferences, we employ a resident centered based philosophy of care that emphasizes dignity.
We encourage meaningful participation in daily activities to create pleasant moments.
Recognizing that little things make a big difference to those with memory loss, our specially selected and carefully trained health care staff take the time to create nurturing bonds that goes beyond caregiving.
Our Comfort First program features beautifully appointed secure environments that are specifically designed to lessen the stresses of everyday life and provide the therapeutic surroundings necessary to enable a person with memory loss, Alzheimer’s or dementia to remain as independent and engaged as possible.
- On-site care from our Eldercare Physicians
- 24/7 Nursing Care
- On-call RN support
- Assistance with medication and activities of daily living
- Structured programs and individualized therapy to enhance self-esteem and maximize independence
- Support Services provided in collaboration with Alberta Health Services
- Highest level of environmental design which supports a calm and relaxing environment
- Non-slip flooring, predictable pathways and lighting that enhances visual perception
Our commitment is to “join them in their world - wherever it may be."