Our People Are What Make Our Communities Special
It takes a special kind of person to work with Christenson Communities.
We look for people who have a passion for engaging with older adults and providing outstanding seniors care, dementia care and other health services.
People who have a real commitment to treating residents with the respect, honor and dignity they deserve.
People with the experience and expertise to help residents live the lives they envision for themselves.
Why choose Christenson?
- Innovative and direct involvement in community supports
- Opportunity for career growth through training and development
- Family values and support for family initiatives
- A cooperative, team spirited working atmosphere
Christenson Communities Employment Opportunities
|Director of Care - Valleyview
We are currently recruiting for an exceptional individual for the following position at our Valleyview Alberta location:
DIRECTOR OF CARE
A day in the life of a Director of Care:
- Manages & leads their exceptional Care Team to ensure the highest quality of care is provided to our residents.
- Establishes, maintains and manages the development, delivery and quality of care provided to our residents while ensuring applicable legislative guidelines and company standards are followed.
- Fosters and maintains a strong relationship with residents and their families by actively interacting with residents, families, guests and by adhering to the company’s BEE the Difference standards of care and hospitality.
- Develops, maintains and implements resident support plans.
- Manages departmental budget and labour hours.
- Retains and enhances company culture and values in every interaction.
COMPETENCIES,SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to lead, organize and schedule work functions and motivate a team of professional team members.
- Strong oral, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; ability to maintain effective relationships.
- Ability to prepare and administer departmental budgets.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to resolve contentious or sensitive issues or situations.
- Sound computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and electronic care systems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of resident information.
- Ability to work in a flexible environment to meet the needs of the residents, including weekend and holiday coverage, as required.
- Current license to practice as an LPN in the Province of Alberta.
- 2 – 5 years management/supervisory experience.
- Previous experience in the area of Gerontology and Designated Assisted Living an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in delivering excellence in customer service/patient care, employee communication and development.
- Knowledgeable in MS Office applications.
- A current and clear Criminal Records Check including Vulnerable Sector Search.
Christenson Communities offers an exceptional workplace with a competitive compensation package, opportunity for career growth and exceptional health benefits.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
|Foot Care Nurse
Christenson Communities is dedicated to providing engaging lifestyles in the "Age in Place" seniors campus and has been redefining what it means to age in today's society. With eight luxury facilities in Edmonton, Sherwood Park, St. Albert and Lacombe with over 1,000 suites, including the award winning Devonshire Village, Citadel Village, Glastonbury Village, Royal Oak Village, Park Avenue and Timberstone Mews, Christenson Communities is the leader in Assisted Living.
We are currently recruiting for a Private Foot Care Nurse to join our team. This is a contract position to offer on-demand foot care services to our residents in Rocky Mountain House.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Active registration with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Albert (CLPNA) or the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA)
- Commercial Insurance
- Personal WCB Coverage in Alberta
- Foot Care Certificate
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.